I bet you’ve heard the advice “Dress for the job you want.” This saying should apply not only to what you wear, but to what you face wears as well. And yes, we’re talking about makeup!
Whether we like it or not, we get judged the minute people see us; and first impressions almost always stick. We see our colleagues, bosses, or clients everyday; how they perceive us affects how they see our work.
But what looks are appropriate for work? Let the girls of Heim Interiors and Heima show you.
It’s easy, simple, and sophisticated. You can never go wrong with this look.
Get this look:
2. Peach or coral blush applied similar to a bronzer on your cheeks and temples to add a little bit of color back to your face.
3. A long-lasting warm brown cream shadow. You can use it alone, if you’re in a hurry, but it can also act as an eyeshadow base if you have time for a more elaborate look.
Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in BR731
Happy Skin Glam Squad Eyeshadow Duo by Mickey See
4. Natural looking lippie or gloss for an understated look. (You can opt for a deeper or brighter lippie if you wish for more impact with minimal effort.)
Girl Boss Look
If you want a look shows that you can take control, or if you’re eyeing that promotion, give this one a try.
Cop this exact look:
1. Add dimension to the eyes by using 2-3 shades. Start with the lightest color as your base. Take your medium shade and accentuate the crease / shape of your eye. Use this shade as well to accentuate the lower lash line. If you have time, add a darker shade to the outer corners of your eyes, for more dimension and definition.
Smashbox Eyeshadow Trio in Filter
2. Use a pigmented, long-lasting lippie for a more polished look that can last your through that whole meeting (or day).
Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipstick in Echopark
Daytime Smokey Look
Who says smokey eyes are for nights out only? You can opt for a daytime-friendly smokey eye look on those days you feel extra.
Achieve this look with the following tips:
1. Stick to matte shadows. A medium-dark brown should be your darkest shade.
Happy Skin Glam Squad Eyeshadow Duo by Denise Ochoa
2. Pair it with a nude lippie to balance out the look.
This look is especially for those who work in the creative field, and can opt for a more fun and colorful look.
1. Using deep shades in the outer corners of the eyes, and lighter, brighter shades for areas you want to highlight, like the inner corners of the eyes.
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Quads in Hollywood Icon
2. Pair it with a nude lippie or clear gloss.
Regardless of your look preference, here are the tips to keep you looking put-together and professional:
1. Start with a clean canvas.
Makeup will always look better on good skin. Invest in good skin care, and your makeup routine will be much simpler. Always cleanse, tone, and moisturize!
Start with a good primer. It creates a more even base for the succeeding products to adhere to, as it prevents your the products from settling into your pores. At the same time, it helps the products stay on your face longer. Try Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
3. Set a good base.
If you’re blessed with poreless, even looking skin, BB creams or tinted moisturizers can already suffice. But if you’re like the rest of us mere mortals, find a foundation that will not give up on you. Try L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
Regardless of your needs, the most important thing to look for in base is the right shade. Your base should be as close to your skin tone as possible, if not identical. Otherwise, you might run the risk of looking like a ghost or like you didn’t bathe. Your choice.
Conceal only if you need to. Sometimes your foundation can already cover minor discolorations and imperfections.
If you want to hide dark circles, find a peach-toned concealer to counteract the blue tones, and make you look more well-rested. If you want to camouflage blemishes, find a highly-pigmented concealer closest to your skin tone.
4. Frame your face with your brows.
Fill them in with light-feathery strokes, whether you prefer pencil, pen, or powder. This will create more natural-looking brows; we want to avoid brows that look too drawn in.
Have them professionally groomed if you have to.
5. Define your eyes.
Line your eyes with your weapon of choice – pencil, gel, or liquid. Make sure to start as close to your lash line as possible.
Curl your lashes and apply mascara. This creates a wide-eyed, well-rested look. Add 2 more coats of mascara if you wish. Just make sure to let them dry first in between applications.
Make sure your eye products are waterproof, water-resistant, or sweat-proof to avoid smudges.
6. Don’t wear colors or looks that are too distracting.
You’re still at work. Keep it professional. Reserve that blue lipstick for the weekend.
7. Sculpt, if you must.
Sometimes our base washes of the natural color and contours of our face. Add dimension back with a neutral brown contour powder and a rosy blush. Try Happy Skin Glam Squad Contour & Color
8. Invest in a setting spray.
Manila heat is makeup’s #1 enemy. Get yourself an ally to prevent your hard work from melting by lunch time. Try Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix Sealer
9. Enjoy and be confident! Nothing looks better on you than confidence.